Sunday, September 8, 2013

J'ai fini la première semaine d'école!

Bonjour, ou bonsoir (pour moi)!

As usual, not sure if my title is correct... and I'm not sure if this situation would be imparfait or passé composé... imparfait being an ongoing activity (which school is) and passé composé being a one time activity - but I don't have my cheat sheet with me to know which catagory 'time' goes under... oh well, haven't learned this here yet, so hopefully it will get cleared up in time. And the order could be really wrong - perhaps the 'première' should be before the 'semaine'... Meh!

Well, it's been several days since my last post and quite a lot has happened...

Wednesday was an interesting day for me, emotionally... I realized I hadn't really let myself process all the emotions running through my body since first getting here, and well, my body decided it was time to do so... so BAM! brick wall for the day.

It really was a difficult day for me, but I'm feeling much much better now and am greatful for family I can call and an aunt I can hug... a lot :)

Wednesday evening I prepared dinner for Nicole and myself - tortilla soup - which Nicole said she liked, after commenting on how unusual the meal was. If any of you have eaten this version of tortilla soup, you would understand.

Thursday was my first real day of school. I have two teachers, Régine and Caroline. For those who are interested, here is my schedule:

Same activities everyday (Lundi, Mardi, Jeudi et Vendredi)
8h35-10h15: Cours généraux (general grammer course)
10h15-10h30: Pause café
10h30-11h20: Cours général (Vendredi only - Lab)
11h30-12h20: Permanences avec des professeurs (individual time with profs, if needed. Otherwise - lunch)
12h20-13h35: Déjeuner (lunch)
13h35-13h55: Culte (Chapel)

Different activities everyday
13h55-14h45                                                   14h45-14h55                                         14h55-15h45
Lundi: Français biblique (Bib. French)      Pause                                                   Phonétique
Mardi: Compréhension écrite                        Pause                                                  Expression écrite
Jeudi:  Compréhension orale                          Pause                                                  Expression orale
Vendredi: Rattrapage (review)                      Pause                                                  Conférences (Lecture)

For the mornings, I always have Régine. I also have her for the afternoon on Monday and for the review session on Friday. I have Carolina for the afternoon on Mardi et Jeudi. For the Lectures, it depends on which topic I choose. Right now I have Cécile for French cooking - don't know what I'll do in three weeks (the options change every three weeks).
  
Thursday, I went to Mimi's for the evening. That was really nice. We just spent time together, went for a walk, talked, ate dinner, etc. I did have a little homework to do, but not the two hours promised by my teacher (yet).

Vendredi: School went well again. There are 10 people in my class right now, which is nice. After school, I went to Mimi's again, by public transportation (this entails taking a bus to the RER - a train, then transfering from the RER to the TVM - another bus that goes to/from the RERs, and then walking about 5 or so minutes to Mimi's). She and Edgard went to Normandie for the weekend, but I came to stay at their place for the weekend anyways. 

Samdi: I went into school again that morning because there was a Fêtes des Associations (celebration/fair of all the clubs) in Massy. I went to that with some of the other students and ended up staying with them all day at the school, which was really nice.  

Today, I slept in (yes, I know - no church, but... I was tired). I've pretty much been working on homework all day, doing extra practices with some verbs, working on vocab, etc. 

Well, I'm going to go get some lunch/dinner... Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment