Saturday, September 14, 2013

Lazy Saturday... good day to buy a coat

Bonjour!

Well, I've survived my first full week of classes... I think that it was a very good idea of Mimi's for me to take classes this first while that I'm here. It gives me people to connect with and a purpose for right now. At the same time it makes for long days and I'm so tired by the time I get home from school, let alone by the time evening comes...

I didn't say last time, but my day starts pretty early (for me). I get up at 6:30, get ready, leave the house by 7:25 to catch the bus (well, buses), get to school by 8 (I prefer to get there early, because if something happens and I end up getting there later than normal, hopefully I will still be on time). If I leave school right away, I can get home by 4:30/5 but if I stay a bit later, I don't get home till 5:30/6. I'm usually really tired, so I take a short nap (30 minutes), work a bit on homework, try to help prepare dinner and then we eat at 7:45/8 pm. By the time we finish eating and clean-up, it's 9/9:30 and I usually still have homework or other things to do, then I shower, get everything ready and laid out for the morning, call home, and go to bed sometime between 11 and 12. Hehe... yeah... Oh, well. I've started doing some of my homework at school during the lunch break and that helps quite a bit.

This past Wednesday the school organized a trip into Paris to ride a Bateau Mouche, a boat that goes up and down the Seine River with someone giving information about the monuments, buildings and bridges you pass along the way. It was quite fun, but was much more tiring than I expected it to be. I had gotten up to go to market with Nicole, so I did sleep in, but not much. I left at 12:30 to get to the school and we left there at 1:30. By the time I got back to Nicole's that afternoon, it was 6 and I was exhausted. I ended up taking about an hour nap (by accident, but I guess I needed it). Anyways, Wednesday was a great day to take pictures, right? Except I forgot to bring my camera - of, course. Oh, well. I'll have other opportunities to take pictures of Paris and one of the other students said she could send me a few pictures through email, so I'll post those once I get them.

I'm at Mimi's this weekend, again. This time Mimi is actually here :), although Edgard is gone. Today has been a lazy day. I slept in a bit, we went grocery shopping and just a little bit of fun shopping. I bought a coat (didn't think I would buy one quite so soon, but I really liked this one and it was at a store that only has one or two of the same item and they only had one of these coats, so...). I really like. It was made in Italy, it's dark green and looks like suede (but isn't) and the inside lining is really soft and warm faux fur. Once I get a picture of me in it, I'll post it.

A friend of Mimi's is coming over for the afternoon and we'll go to church and market tomorrow, but other than that, I think it will be a pretty lazy weekend. It's a good weekend for that, as it's quite dreary and rainy outside...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great coat. :) And it sounds like you've got some very full days! Good for you. Lots of love--r

    ReplyDelete