Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 7, Commencer l'école



Well, it’s day 7 so I’ve been here a full week now. Hard to believe… It feels so much longer than that but, if I remember correctly, the first few weeks of India and DC seemed really long too, the last half or so seemed really short. I expect it’ll be similar here.

I’ve survived my first day of school. Yay! It wasn’t really a typical school day, more of an orientation day. Thursday will be the real test. My teacher seems nice. She says she assigns quite a bit of homework (at least 2 hours a day), but she also said that this is about our learning, not her teaching. If we are having trouble with something, she really wants us to talk to her. That is both reassuring and not. I’ve never been one to really go to my teachers for help, so I don’t know if I’ll be able to start now or not. Maybe I can.

I bought my books – 4 in total, plus a French bible. I also need to get Besherelle, a verb conjugation book. My teacher wants us to have this one because it is the best out there, so… I need to find that. I can get it online but she said many places would have it. I just have to make sure I get the verbs one.

Well, I’m not feeling like writing much. This is really the biggest thing that happened today, so until I have more news to give, à toute à l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment