Monday, August 19, 2013

Finishing Preparations

This past year has been one of preparation and anticipation. Saving, saving, saving for France. Trying to see all the people I will miss this next year (sorry, didn't get to everyone). Working, experiencing, and growing. Not working on my limited French skills... - Oops, but not surprising. Conversations with Mimi about ideas and options to learn, live, and volunteer.
Bags are basically packed, Visa and Passport are in my purse... now it's time to mentally prepare for the big changes that are undoubtably about to come. What better way to do this than the distraction (or really, lack there of) of going skydiving with a good friend. Quite the way to leave the US with a bang, right?
Well, sort of. I still have a week and that's plenty of time for roller coaster rides of anxiety and excitement.

For those who aren't familiar with my plans for the next year, I'll be living in France from August 27th till sometime next July. My aunt Myriam (or Mimi) lives there and has been wonderful in finding opportunities for me to volunteer and places to live. For the first 4ish months, I will be taking language classes at Les Cèdres in Massy. That will be 20 hours of classes and 10 hours of homework a week (yipee). After that, I'll be helping with an organization that Mimi has connections to. This will involve many different things, all of which I'm not even sure of. I do know that I'll be working with school children/teens when they are on holiday. I'm also hoping to do some traveling in France and around Europe since I'm there, so we'll see how things go. 

Till my next post...

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that I commented on your earlier postings, but I meant to respond to your most recent ones. I read those too! I don't know how to use these things!!!!!

    ReplyDelete