Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Michelle's Arrival and our first day in Rome

A bit more about Michelle's arrival - I was late!! :( Not by much, but I wanted to be there when she got out and I wasn't. And it was entirely my fault. I didn't leave Blanc quite as early as I had wanted (was scrambling around trying to get things in order the way I wanted - and I got it all done) and then I had to wait 10 minutes for the RER to Charles de Gaulle. Once I got there I had to get on a shuttle to terminal 1 and then figure out which floor the arrivals were on. It wasn't too difficult, but because I already knew I was running late, I felt a bit flustered. Once I found her we got back to the shuttle and the RER and made our way back to the apartment. After dropping off her bags we got some groceries and visited the boulangerie and I sent off some letters and a job application (really is coming to an end here).
We packed, and got everything ready for our departure for Rome the next morning and then went to bed (well, I posted several times first…).

Getting to Orly airport was pretty easy. I had never gone there by RER before so wasn't sure how smoothly it would go, but it was really easy. And finding our check in point wasn't too difficult. Then we sat down and waited to board out plane. Once on the plane, I passed out and woke up about 40 minutes before landing (it was only an hour and forty minute flight). Waiting for our checked bag took awhile and then we had to figure out how to get to our apartment. It was fairly direct, but as we are unfamiliar with the train system in Italy  and the owner was waiting for us at the apartment if felt like it took awhile, but we got there and had a grand old time settling in.

Link to our Rome Apartment.

I'll post pictures as some point, but right now there is a link below to Michelle's vlog with a video of our  first day in Rome.

Follow me around: France, Italy, UK and Switzerland pt. 1



No comments:

Post a Comment