Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 6 (?) I think...



Whew… a bit tired here today. I’m actually writing this ahead of time so that I can hopefully post this tomorrow… (Sunday). It’s been a good week, but long as well. Um, can’t quite remember what I wrote last, so I’m going to start with the previous weekend. The conference/meeting for Les Semailles (which, now the name has changed but I can’t remember the exact phrase, so I’ll update you all on that later) was a really good experience. I heard lots and lots of French that weekend and even though it was difficult to understand at times, I feel like it really helped my learning – perhaps more subconsciously than consciously but, ça marche (it works). Saturday evening we went out for dinner with people from Les Semailles (Edgard too) and that was quite an experience. A fun experience. We had in-restaurant entertainment with singing, a four course meal (entrée, plat principal, fromage, et dessert) and I ate way too much (not doing that again). Sunday we had meetings again, and I got to Nicole’s around 5ish. Mimi came in and we had tea with her, which was really nice. We also told her that I will be moving onto campus for the second session and she said that was fine, but that I could continue to live with her if I wanted to. That was nice to hear. I still want to live on campus because it allows more freedom in interacting with the other students, but I really want to try to visit her when I can… especially while I’m at the school because I know it will be easy then, after I don’t know where I’ll be, so…we shall see. 

The week went well – pretty normal: school, homework, helping with dinner, sleeping and repeat. Wednesday I went around Verrieres with Nicole to put up some posters for the New Gospel Family concert that is happening on the 19th (and I get to go!!). I have a link to a music video they made in an earlier post – sorry, can’t remember which one. Edgard runs New Gospel Family, so it will be fun to actually see a concert in person after all these years :)

This weekend, I am staying with the Wheatons again. It’s been nice to just relax here after school and not have to worry about taking the bus to get home… it’s amazing what a difference that can make in energy levels and time. Saturday we went into Paris and visited the Louvre – Anna and Annina came as well (two other students). It was lots of fun to be able to go in with other people and just enjoy Paris. Afterwards, I came back to the Wheatons for the evening (they had been invited to dinner with another family) and it is nice to have some time to myself. I called home, took a shower, took a nap, ate dinner, wrote this blog in preparation for tomorrow… yeah. One thing that is not so good is that I have a pretty nasty headache right now. Hoping that I’m not getting sick because there has been this nasty headache/vertigo thing going around the school – have not had vertigo yet, let’s pray it stays that way. That’s part of the reason I took a nap and right afterwards I felt great, but within about 5 minutes the headache was full force again, so I would just ask for prayer that it doesn’t last for days (as it has for others) and that I continue to have good health. There are two colds also going around the school, so I really hope that I don’t get them when I move in or before (again, prayers would be appreciated). Being sick is not something I really want to experience right now.
I do have some pictures from Saturday, but as I’ll just be getting on really quickly to post this, I’ll have to post those another time – not really any of people, just art… 

Anyways, hope everything is going well for you all  :)

Blessings!

P.S. So, my headache abated very soon after typing up this post and has not returned yet today! Yeah :) Hope it continues as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment