Friday, October 4, 2013

Soiree chocolat et mes bottes...

Bonjour everyone, c'est moi encore.

So, this week has been a really good week. Sunday, after church I was walking around Mimi's apartment and I thought "I'm in France, I'm really in France!" This is the first time it's really just hit me out of the blue, so I'm hoping that it's a sign that I'm starting to settle in...  In general, I think I am feeling less stressed and able to enjoy the things around me. I also made the decision to live on campus for the second session, which will be more expensive, but I think it will be good for me. Living with Nicole has been a really good experience and I think it was the best thing to jump start my French skills, but it will be nice to be able to participate in more activities with other students, especially the spontaneous things. And, it will be nice not to have to commute everyday - it's not bad, but it does get a bit tiring and makes the days seem longer.

Tuesday evening we had a soiree chocolat at the school and it was great fun. Because of how things went the last time I stayed for an event in the evening, I asked the Wheatons (a family going to the school who live in an apartment close to the school) if it would be okay for me to spend the night at their place. It was and I had a great time with their family. The soiree chocolat was filled with chocolate, fruit, chocolate, games, oh, and chocolate. (some pictures below)

Wednesday I stayed with the Wheatons most of the day. We went shopping for fun and for food (I bought some boots, which will also be good in the rain - pictures below). Thursday I cooked dinner for Nicole and I think she liked it... she took seconds, so maybe... ;)

Today felt like a long day, not because it was bad but I am just really tired today... At Mimi's right now and tomorrow and Sunday she and I will be going to meetings/conferences for les Semailles. So, I'll get to meet all those people and get a feel for some of what I'll be doing for them. I think it will be a really good experience, but also very tiring... so I don't think that I'll be getting on to post anything more this weekend.

Till next week...

First, some pictures of the beautiful flowers at Les Cedres







Soiree Chocolat

 One activity involved having 3 volunteers taste special chocolate and try to figure out what was in it - one of the volunteers

 Bananas, clementines, apples, mini cake bite things and a big bowl of chocolate.




My Boots



No comments:

Post a Comment