Monday, October 28, 2013

End of the first session

Hello all,

I know it's been awhile since I last posted - sorry. I could say that it was because I didn't have the time, but that wouldn't be completely true. It's more true that I did not take the time. So now I've got a bit to catch you all up on :)

Let's see... my last post I believe I talked about getting a chance to see New Gospel Family live, in concert. It was great fun. The day before I had a cumulative exam which was a bit stressful, but at the same time it's really just for me, so... And that same evening I spent a rather enjoyable time with Nicole. We ate dinner, watched TV together, etc. The next day (Saturday), Mimi picked me up at about 10 o'clock am. We went back to her place for a couple of hours and just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. Then, at 2:30 we left for l'Olympia, the concert hall. Before the concert we helped get the food ready for all the singers, musicians, etc. That was interesting - in that there was lots of commotion in French so it seemed even more intense to me for that reason. Whahhhh! But it was kind of fun all the same. Then, Mimi and I went up to see the concert. We were in the second section back (where the seats were just beginning to rise) right in the middle, so that was pretty cool. It was very fun :)  Afterwards, Mimi took Nicole and I back to Nicole's house. The next day I went to church with Nicole and spent a very relaxing day at her house.

That next week was a bit different. We only had classes on Monday and Tuesday - then break started!!! Wednesday I spent the day at Nicole's. We went to market, ate lunch, had coffee, read, had tea, I took a shower and packed up some of my things, read some more, ate dinner, watched TV and went to bed. Thursday, I went shopping with 4 other women at a mall (not in Paris, persay, but still). That was really nice - just spending the day doing fun things. We ate lunch at the mall as well, which was fun. We all ended up ordering the same thing - a burger. But, it came not on a bun, rather, it was sandwiched between two hash brown patties. Yum!! And we had salad too. After, we got desert - an espresso, a small crème brûlée, and some chocolate cake (which was more like hot chocolate fudge). Double Yum!!



That evening I had raclette with Nicole and helped her with some computer stuff. Friday morning, I finished packing and cleaned downstairs. At about 11 am, Mimi picked me up and we took my stuff to the school (oh, by the way...I moved onto campus for the second session). Then we went out to lunch and I went to her place for the rest of the day. :)

When I got back later, I started to unpack my stuff, then went to bed. Saturday I finished unpacking my things and just relaxed and chilled in my room and with Anna and Annina. We ate dinner together and then watched the second half of the BBC Pride and Prejudice movie. Sunday, we all went to the service at the school, then ate lunch together. They moved to the Wheatons for the week (the Wheatons are a family who study here, but live in an apartment near the school. They are gone over break and offered the apartment to Anna and Annina), and I stayed here. I read, watched some TV shows on my computer (I surprisingly have decent WiFi in my room). Today, well, I slept in till 1. That's a first in I don't know how long. I think I needed it though... The rest of the day consisted of reading, doing laundry, making dinner, etc. Again, a relaxing day. The rest of this week, I don't have much planned, but I would like to go into Paris at some point, and I have some homework that I need to do :p  Oh, well...

Well, I hope I don't leave you all hanging quite as long till next time ;)

My new room
 When you open the door and look directly to your right -- I have a sink :) And wardrobe.

 Past my sink and wardrobe - to the left


Behind the sink area and wardrobe - a bookshelf and my bed.

Thanks to Mimi for some nice things to make my room much more homey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment