Friday, February 21, 2014

Just a little update...

So, it's the night before I go to somewhere in the Savoie region of France for the ski camp!!!  Never been skiing before in my life, so I am both excited and nervous to try it. Surprisingly enough, I'm not nervous about having to communicate in French the whole week (at least not at this point), so that's encouraging :)  Hopefully that will continue throughout the week. I went to the McDaniel's Thursday evening and spent the day there and am now at Mimi's (using her computer to post - having a tad bit of difficulty getting used to the different keyboard organization, but it's coming along...) for the night. She'll take me to Gare de Lyon tomorrow at 12:15 and I'll leave at 1:30 (I think) with at least two other people going to the camp.

Now, for the news we've been waiting for since Friday - or in actuality since December... 
SCAN RESULTS: inconclusive. Need to get an MRI. 
Not feeling too down about that - very greatful Mimi is here to help me with everything though. Makes a huge difference in my stress level. Don't have an appointment for my MRI (called IRM in France) as of now, so I will keep you all updated on that as things develop.

Now, for some thrilling news wholly unrelated to me (other than it being about a beloved cousin). Rachel's engaged!!!!!!! I'm just ecstatic! Yay! I'm sure that getting this news on the same day that I got my scan results helped with not feeling too disappointed. And I am assuming that it's okay to post this now, since it's posted on Facebook. Congrats Rachel!!

Till I'm done frolicking in the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment