Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Oh, Les Champs-Elysee... At Christmas!

I have a clean bill of health! Except that I can't hear out of my right ear... Oh well, just getting used to turning my head a bit more and walking on the right side of people. Guess I now have a pretty good idea what my cousin and aunt deal with on a daily basis. :p

Life has been going on pretty much as usual. The most fun and interesting thing that I have done is going into Paris for the Christmas lights! Anna, Annina and I went in last Saturday late afternoon. First we went to Galeries Lafayette, a large mall in Paris, for the Christmas decorations. Talk about expensive...everything. In this mall you can find Tiffany & Co., Chanel, Gucci, and every other big brand name you can think of. Yeah, so we walked past 5,000 euro plus watches, 160 euro gloves, and who knows what else.
Galaries Lafayette

Tree in the Center





Other Areas of the Mall








Then we went to the Champs Elysee! Lots of lights, vin chaud, and marche du Noel.



 
For Annalea! No, we did not go in, it was too packed






Snack time!


Santa on a zip line

And today some of the students from the school (including myself) sang Christmas carols at a maison de retraite (retirement home). It was rather fun and I hope that we were able to bring some joy to the residents today. We sang on each floor and my favorite floor was the 2nd. There were two gentlemen who really got into the songs. The one kept hitting the table with his hand and saying "Superbe!" and the other would clap his hands in time to the songs. Pretty sure he used to do something with music when he was younger. I don't have any pictures right now, but hopefully I can get some from some other students another time and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment