Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Venice: Day 4

Today was a 'free' day, aka we didn't have anything scheduled - we just decided what we wanted to do and did it. So, we went up the bell tower on the Island of San Giorgio (rather than the one at San Marco square) at the suggestion of our host, Laura. She had said that the view is better, the line was smaller (uh, non-existent), and it cost less. It was well worth it. We also ended up just sitting on the steps by the water for awhile as well. After taking the water bus back to the main islands of Venice, we made some lunch and got ready to head to Lido and the beach!!! We didn't get there till about 6 (we were waiting for the wrong water bus, but oh well) and stayed till about 8, so the water didn't feel quite so much refreshing as just cold, but we did get in (don't worry - I didn't get my head/ear wet). We had a wonderful time other than when some creeper started bothering us (well, mostly Michelle). We tried to be polite at first and just walked away, but he kept following us. Finally we got out of the water and laid on the beach to dry off. And he came and put is towel down next to Michelle. He proceeded to touch her arm - she said "Hello" and he took his hand back. Moments later he touched her arm again and she said, "Can I help you?" and he left his hand on her towel. I saw this and told him to move his hand - about 10 times. I finally said "Take your hand off her towel" and he finally listened. You'd think that he would get the hint by then, right?... Michelle and I were in the process of discussing what we would do if he touched her again (Michelle said, "You will have to bail me out of Italian jail because I swear I will punch him"), when he touched her arm again. Michelle busted out in her Spanish and was telling him off and he just down-played it saying, "okay, okay. I won't touch you." But he had gone too far long ago. At his point I said, "No, it's not okay. You need to leave." And he continued to say, "okay, okay, I won't touch her. I'll just lay here." We wouldn't have it. I said, "No, you need to get up and leave. Now." He did, but he took his good old time about it. After he left we had a pleasant time walking around, taking pictures and filming.

So, here's the link to our Bell tower and beach day



No comments:

Post a Comment