Thursday, January 9, 2014

Changes, but Good Changes Methinks

The second week of my vacation was absolutely wonderful. I went back to the McDaniel's (the family I had dinner with on Thursday) Friday night, as stated, and let's just say that I didn't really leave all week - minus a few hours on Sunday and the following Thursday to pack up my stuff and clean my room at the school. We did basically nothing and it was wonderful!!! I know, I know, a whole week free and I didn't go into Paris? Well, I had better things to do with wonderful people :)

I was planning to go into Paris for New Year's with some other students, till we found out it was supposed to rain and there wouldn't be any fireworks. Thus, the only thing to do in Paris was the Champs-Elysee which is apparently always packed and that didn't really interest me. Instead, the McDaniel's invited another family over from the school and we ate dinner, talked, and played games into the New Year. It was lovely.

Sunday, the 5th, Mimi came and picked me up and I spent the night at her place. Monday I moved into my new 'home base' at Les Semailles. I knew that I would have a studio apartment at their offices, but I didn't know that they would be 'giving' it to me to live in for the next 6 months. Basically, this means I can leave my stuff here when I'm traveling around France, which is a blessing because I was not looking forward to lugging all my stuff around all year, but would have done so if needed. These first few days at Les Semailles have gone really well and I think I'm going to like it here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment